Weigh in today was 229.8! Pretty excited to be out of the 230s. Hit a bit of a plateau there, but as long as I'm going in the downward direction, I'm happy.
The reason for my not posting last Friday like I said I would is because my friend Mary had her baby and Ben and I had to go welcome her to the world. So, between that, studying for my Praxis II test, and all my other school work, I haven't had time for much of anything.
I did notice that I'm up to 62 followers now. This is amazing! I'm so glad to have the support of all you wonderful people and if I'm not already following you, certainly leave me a comment with your URL.
So, I took my Praxis test on Saturday when we went down to visit Ben's brother and sister-in-law. We had a good time. Hopefully I passed--won't find out til December 6.
Ben's mom is in the hospital, so we've been a bit pre-occupied with that. It's just been a weird past couple of weeks.
On a happier note, Lolli nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award :)
Versatile: ver-sa-tile [vur-suh-tl] or, especially British, [vur-suh-tahyl]: capable of, or adapted for, turning easily from one to another various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
Word information source: www.dictionary.com
Here is how the award works:
1. You thank the person who presented you with the award.
2. You tell 7 things about yourself.
3. You award 15 other newly discovered bloggers.
Thanks so much, Lolli :) That made my day when I saw that (even though it was two weeks ago...sorry!)
As for seven things about me?
1. I'm a procrastinator and I'm usually late when going places. I'm working on it though and I'm getting better with it. A couple weeks ago my brother organized a family dinner at Outback Steakhouse and told everyone to be there at 5:15, but told me to be there at 5:00. Well, I get there early and wonder where the crap everyone is and when they finally get there, brother says "It's the Jackie Rule. Even people outside the family know about the Jackie Rule." Jerk.
2. I love my grandma very much. She's freaking sweet. I was born the day before her birthday, so she always called me her birthday present. She's the only grandparent I've ever known because the others passed away before I was born, so she's extra special to me.
3. I used to bowl on my high school bowling team. I really kind of miss bowling. A lot.
4. Since having had surgery, I'm very much enjoying spicy foods. I never really cared for them before, so it's a little strange, but I really like it.
5. I'm getting sick of doing observations for school. I've already done my 30 hour field experience class, but this semester I need to observe for 15 more hours. My last day of it is tomorrow. I think I'll need to do another 15 next semester. Lame.
6. I can't wait til my niece or nephew is born. I'm going to crochet so much stuff for it. And I'm going to snuggle it and love it and spoil it like crazy :)
7. I have a friend named Alicia Kozakiewicz. Almost 11 years ago, when we were 13, she was abducted and enslaved by an online predator. He took her across state lines and tortured and raped her. The FBI found her and now she's taking a stand against internet predators, pedophilia, and child trafficking. Click here to check out the Alicia Project's Facebook page. Her story is amazing.
Here are some people I'd like to nominate for this award. Don't know if I'll make it to 15, but I'll try.
1. Samantha at *My Weightloss Surgery Journey*
2. Lani at ...Watch This Space...
3. Robin at A Wine Girl's Way to Thin
4. Rachel at Fat Fish in a Skinny Sea (I just love feeding her fish!)
5. PurseQueen at From Fat to Fabulous...
7. Samantha at I'm with the Band
8. Kelly at Life of a Banded Army Wife
9. Melissa at My Journey to Band Land
10. CeCe at Banded for Boots
If I went any farther, I'd be getting into people who've already been awarded, which is unnecessary. So, sorry for not reaching the full 15, but hey, life goes on.
I'm going to wrap it up here for now. Another busy weekend ahead--Work thing for Ben tomorrow after observing, cleaning Saturday, and visiting Ben's mom Sunday.
Have a great weekend, all.