Friday, February 7, 2014

What Happened to My Life?

I haven't blogged in over a year. In that time, much has happened, both good and bad. I'm still searching for a teaching job, but I've been subbing. I got married in December. And I gained back every last pound that I had lost. Every.Single.One. I'm not going to say "I don't know how I let myself do it" because I do. It was easy and delicious. But I can say that I'm not happy about it and I want to do something about it. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know anyone that it's happened to? I could use some support. My husband is on board to change our diets in whatever way I see fit, but it's not the same as having a banded buddy to talk to. Although, I can't say I'm much fun currently...with the job search not going well plus all the weight gain, I feel so defeated with life. Like I know where I want to end up in life, but I don't know how to get there. I've been so emotional. I know I want to have kids and I wish I could have them soon, but I'd like to get down to 170 and get some decent income before we start trying. I just feel stuck, I guess.

There. Whine over.

Anyhow, I just caught up on some blogs that I used to read, so if you're still out there and you remember me, I could totally use your support right now. I'll love you back.

xoxo

p.s. guess if anyone's interested I shouldn't say I got married without posting a wedding pic...that's just mean :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome back, Jackie. Take it one day at a time. I am blogging at a new site, over at www.alovelylife.com. I had RNY and I have regained as well, not all of it, but a substantial amount. I am trying to get back to basics, those habits I had that helped me to lose the weight in the first place. Be gentle with yourself and take it one day, one meal at a time. You can do this.

Congratulations! You look beautiful! Good luck to both of you on your journey! You've got this!

Kelly
www.alovelylifeindeed.com
(formerly findingmywayatlast.blogspot.com)

Mar's kids said...

JACKIE!! I've been wondering about how you are doing! And WOW - You got married?!?!? Congratulations!!! What a year for you!

I've been struggling too - I do well for a few months, then something happens or I go on a business trip, and it all falls apart and I gain a few. Right now I've regained 12 of the 50 I've lost, and I feel like I'm barely hanging on at that point. It seems to be a common thing, after the first 12-18 months post-op.

I'm trying to take things each day, avoiding most of the not-great choices, getting my activity and water and vitamins in, etc.

So glad to see your post!