Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm Sorry, Bloggers

I don't know why I even bothered to post on Thursday; I had nothing nice to say so I shouldn't have said anything at all, right? Well, I'm in a much better mood today. Sorry for posting about my blah-ness. Why am I in a better mood today, you may ask? I'm not quite sure. The men-folk tried to fix the washer while they were here, but to no avail, so we're going to be looking on craigslist for a used one once Ben gets his tax return. I'm glad they tried though. School starts tomorrow and it's my last semester before student teaching. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm only taking 15 credits this semester as opposed to the 18 I've taken for the past 3 semesters, so I'm super excited about that. My schedule has some pretty large gaps in it which will allow me not only time to use my school's gym, but probably time for homework and perhaps even blogging. Good deal, if you ask me, except that I won't be able to work as much (I hate feeling like a financial burden on Ben and I can't wait to get a big girl job). Oh, and the blogging more might not kick in this week because my sister-in-law's baby shower is on Saturday, so I have stuff to do to get ready for that. Need to figure out how I'm going to do my nails (mild obsession with nail art going on) and Thursday I'm giving sis-in-law a manicure. Plus, I'm in charge of making the cake, so I'll be busy with that. I'm starting to get a bit nervous because this is my first cake for a big event. Pictures will definitely be posted.  Oh, speaking of pictures, I asked Ben to take some progress pics today, so I might be doing another post later on with those.

I suppose I can name two definite reasons for my improved mood. Reason #1: (and this is just between us, as it's not weigh in day til Thursday) but this morning I saw a new low :) Hopefully it sticks around, and I'm pretty sure it will because I seem to lose better when school's in. More organization and planning, I guess. More opportunities for exercise with walking around campus, too. Reason #2: Ben proposed! Well, sort of. He was talking in his sleep. So, I guess it doesn't actually count since it wasn't a conscious proposal, but it makes for a funny story. He started dozing on the couch and I was sitting next to him. The previous night, he was having nightmares about finding me dead in our house. So, when he was dozing on the couch, he said my name and I tapped him to try to wake him up because I didn't want to die for a third time. But, he didn't wake up. About 30 seconds later, he said "Will you marry me?" And he didn't even mumble it. He definitely just plain said it. I started to giggle and I guess that woke him up. I told him "Yes" and his eyes widened because he'd realized that he said it out loud. He said "NO! NO NO NO NO! That's not how that's supposed to happen!" It was pretty funny. Or maybe you had to be there. I don't know. But it's nice to know that it's on his mind so much that he's dreaming about it.

That's about all for now. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

xoxo

5 comments:

mdlapband said...

:) You don't have to apologize!! We all have our ups and downs. Can't wait to see pics of your baby shower cake and... your ring;)

Andrea said...

Haha! Well hopefully the real proposal will come soon and the new low will stick around!

my pork said...

I just want to say Thank You for commenting on my blog. I am looking forward to reading some of your older posts. I like to see where others were at 1 month post banding. Congratulations on the dreamy proposal!

Rhonda said...

Aww! CUTE! I love it.

Can't wait to hear all about the new low. :)

LaniBani said...

LOL That is pretty funny!!! Love it!
And don't apologise woman - THIS IS YOUR BLOG - you say whatever you like!