Friday, August 26, 2011

New Blogger Alert and BYOC

Hello fellow bloggers! I found today that there's a new blogger in town. She goes by Kebs and you can check her out at From Fat to Fabulous: One Girl's WLS Journey. She's in the beginning stages of her journey and she had a pretty discouraging experience during her psych consultation, so she could really use some support!

Now, on to BYOC

BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy – 5 little questions you can copy and paste to your own blog in an effort to get to know your fellow bloggers better and to give your blogging brain a break.

Enjoy!

1. What is your blog theme and how did you pick your blog name?
My blog theme is my weight loss journey involving the Lap Band (and anything else I may feel like talking about). I chose my blog name because I really like alliteration and I wanted to sound fun and appealing.

2. Repeat question: I’m going to name a person not knowing anything about this person in your life or even if they exist and you need to try to describe them in five words/phrases.

Female neighbor two homes/doors down to the left

Town gossip
Always needs my boyfriend to fix something for her (think she has an old lady crush on him)
Has an adorable puppy
Can't remember my name for the life of her
Not good to talk to when I'm running late for work.

3. Which do you hate more? Spiders or snakes. Elliptical or treadmill. Hannah Montana or Lindsay Lohan.

I'm going with spiders, only because I've encountered far more spiders than snakes in my life. If poisonous snakes were prominent in my area, then I'd probably say those, but they're not, so, spiders it is.

Elliptical, without a doubt. Joined a gym a month ago and the first time I did the elliptical I felt like I was going to die. Sure, I burned a lot of calories, but I found out that if I put a treadmill up on a pretty steep incline, I can burn calories at roughly the same rate. I'd rather do the treadmill.

Lindsay Lohan. She was good when she did The Parent Trap, hell, she was even ok for Mean Girls, but now she's just yucky.


4. Completely selfish question…I need a dress for Chicago…keep in mind I live in Podunk so the options of physically going into a vast array of stores is VERY limited. (thank God for the internet) When you need something fancy/a dress – what is your go to store and why?

That depends on the occasion and how much I'm looking to spend. My cousin got  married a few months ago, and in all honesty, I bought my the skirt I wore for it at the thrift store. I have a friends getting married on the beach in NC next year and I've already started looking for a dress for that (which is stupid because I have no idea what size I'll be) and I've looked everywhere from Walmart, Target, and Kohl's, to Fashion Bug, Lane Bryant, and Torrid. I also like Deb Shops. They have some nice things, but rarely have excellent sales (Hello?! Broke college student, here!)

5. Repeat question: How was your week in blog land and in real life?
Blog  land  is good. I'm amazingly up to 49 followers, which I'm having a hard time grasping. Thanks to everyone who reads! Also, our new friend Kebs found me, so that's exciting because we're the same age.

Real life was stressful as hell. Had issues with work, school, and the insurance company. Awesome! Luckily, things with work and school were taken care of. Still waiting to hear from my surgeon's administrative assistant about the crap with insurance. Got to spend some time with my grandma yesterday though, so that was pretty sweet.

That's it for now. Have a great weekend, all!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I think I hate Lindsay Lohan just a little bit more, too. She's just so... orange. I imagine in real life she's JUST like her character in that Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen movie.

Melissa W said...

Agreed. Lindsay Lohan was cute when she was younger.......now she's just got some serious issues.