Monday, August 8, 2011

Sorry for the Suspense...

Honestly, I haven't felt up to doing much of anything the past couple days. So, here's a recap of my weekeend.

Thursday, Ben and I got to the hospital bright and early. I insisted we left the house at 7:30 for my 9:30 arrival time because traffic is generally a nightmare and they're filming the new Batman movie in the part of town where my hospital is. So, we get there around 8:30. Ben was hungry, so he got some sausage english  muffin type deal. We went upstairs to check in and I got my ID number and hospital bracelet. Then around 9:15 my parents and Ben's mom got there. They were all allowed to go back to pre-op with me, which was really nice. So, I was poked and prodded, peed in a cup, did all that jazz, and then at like, 11:30, it was time to go back to the OR. The last thing I remember was a clip on the iv pole. It sort of looked like a hair clip, but different. Then I went to sleep. I woke up with a machine beeping at me and people telling me to take deep breaths. That was annoying because I was trying to sleep and breathing was painful. But, I have a feeling I wasn't breathing at all, so I guess it was nice of them to remind me. The rest of Thursday's a blur. I just know that Justin and Anna came to see me in the hospital and the night time nurse and aide were far superior to the daylight workers. Oh, and daddy bought me flowers and Ben bought me a stuffed duck.

Friday morning I got up and started walking. Ben stayed with me in the hospital on a recliner. It just wasn't a very fun day. Walking with a catheter is no fun. Sitting with a catheter is no fun. Having a catheter is NO FUN. So, around 9, I went down for my upper GI and after that they finally took out the stupid catheter. Anyhow, after that, I didn't know what was going on. We were finally able to leave around 6:30. Got home and found that my best friend Sam and her family sent me super cute flowers <3.

Saturday, Ben's parents and brother came over to bring Rocky back. They brought flowers too :)   Rocky's been very good and hasn't walked on me or anything. I think he knows that I'm not well. Both Saturday and Sunday I threw up, but I'm pretty sure it was because I drank too fast. I'm not going to worry about it unless it keeps up. I don't have a fever or anything, so I think I'll be ok. Oh, also, I don't know if they took an official "before weight" at the office. If they did, it wasn't while I was concious. So, I'll just use 264.4 as my official start weight. That being said, I'm down to 255.2 already. That's normal, right? I mean, I'm on clear liquids, so I figure weight loss has to be faster in the beginning, but the reading material the hospital provided says that immediately post-op, I should lose 1-2 lbs/week.

Now, for the pictures!


Mommy and Daddy (Ben's mom was taking pictures while daddy was taking video)

Me and Ben

Ugh. Post-Op

View from my hospital room. I was so mad that when I got up to my room my family was saying what a beautiful view it was and I couldn't get up to see it :(

My duck from Ben. I heart ducks.

Flowers from Sam and her family.

Flowers from Daddy

Flowers from Ben's family

Here's Rocky. He wanted to meet you all :)

Have a good day, all!


Caron said...

Hope you have a good day too!

Kelly said...

You're doing great! Walk when you can, sleep when you need to and just keep sipping. :-)

dede said...

Congrats on making it home! Just take it easy and keep'll be back on your feet in no time!

Lap Band Gal said...

So good to hear from you! Sounds like you're on the mend! :) HUGS!

Cece said...

Congratulations ! I was banded on 7/21 and those first few days were: snoozing, sipping, walking, sipping and then repeat. The gas (for me) was unbelievable but it eventually does go away ... sip and walk ... be good to yourself !

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jackie, you sure have a wonderful support system. All those flowers, lucky girl.
In the first 10 days I lost about 1-2 pounds a day so it happens. Then it stalled.
Within a week or two I felt like starting to do things and with 20 lbs gone, I felt like I could already do more. You are doing great.

Melissa W said...

SO good to hear you're home and doing nervous about mine on Wednesday!!Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Amanda said...

So glad to hear you're home safe... thanks for chronicling this journey.... helps those of us making plans to make them the best way for us!

Debi said...

Glad to hear that all is well and you are home safe! "Welcome To The Sisterhood/Brotherhood Of The Bandster's!!"

Your Ducky is cute! And Rocky is adorable!!

Samantha said...

Aww so much love! Glad your home and everything went well! Thanks for following. I'm your new folllower too :)
<3 Sam

lori said...

it is so nice that you had so many peole cheering you on. keep drinking plenty of liquids and walking really does help the gas. i went for plenty of slow long walks with my dogs after my surgery.

Jazzing up Jackie said...

Thanks for all the support/well wishes/advice, ladies! It is genuinely appreciated :)

Andrea said...

Glad that things went well. Hope you're feeling better!

Ronnie said...

What a fantastic support system! Welcome to the other side!

Justine Soto said...

Congrats on the band!
Did you have to stay in the hospital?

I get banded Friday!

Jazzing up Jackie said...

Hi Justine! I just stayed one night in the hospital. My boyfriend was allowed to stay with me, so that made it a lot more comfortable. Still dealing with pain at the incision sites, but only when I move a lot. Laughing hurts. Good luck with your surgery! I'll be thinking about ya :)